The consequences of overstaying in Turkey

Update : 03.09.2015 Overstaying in Turkey might occur in three possible ways; A foreign national, might overstay a visa; or might breach the 90 in 180 days rule during his/her stay in Turkey, or might continue to stay in Turkey without renewing his/her residence permit after its expiry period.

90 in any 180 Days Rule In compliance with the Decision of the Council of Ministers dated 10.10.2011, No: 2011/2306, starting from 01 February 2012, total duration of stay of foreigners who visit Turkey as tourists cannot exceed 90 days in any 180 days period. Foreigners, who are intending to stay in Turkey longer than mentioned period (90 days in 180 days period), are required to apply for residence permit.

An overstayer, in all mentioned circumstances, will be subject to administrative fine and as well as might be barred to re-enter Turkey lawfully for a fixed term.

ADMINISTRATIVE FINES

In case of overstaying tourist visa (or breaching 90/180 days rule)  or exceeding validity period of residence permit, foreigners will be subject to administrative fines.   According to Law on Duties no: 492 section 6, failing to apply for residence permit or failing to renew the existing one, does not prevent collection of the fees for overstayed period. Administrative fine may vary according to the nationality of the foreigner. This fee is calculated on the basis of double amount of existing permit fee charges. In addition to the permit fees, if applicable, administrative fine may include residence permit card fee  and single entry visa fee.  (For details permit fees page.)

LIST A LIST B LIST C LIST D LIST E

K. Marino

DAILY FEES 1  $ 0.5 $ 0.4 $ 0.3 $ 0.2 $ 13,30 TL
MINIMUM  MAXIMUM 10-25 $ 5-14 $ 4-9 $ 3-7 $ 2-5 $ 24,80-126,70 TL
FIRST MONTH 25 $ 14 $ 9 $ 7 $ 5 $ 126,70 TL
REMAINING MONTHS 5 $ 3.5 $ 2.5 $ 1.5 $ 0.5 $ 84,20TL

RE – ENTRY BAN FOR OVERSTAYING IN TURKEY

An entry ban is imposed to the foreign nationals who are staying in Turkey illegally when they don’t have valid visa or a valid residence permit.

In case of an overstay of less than 10 days, no entry ban will be imposed.  Moreover “entry ban order will not be issued against the foreigners who exceed the duration of visa, visa exemption or residence permit for more than ten days and arrive at the border gates to exit before a removal decision is taken against them. However, the foreigners who violate the mentioned durations of visa, visa exemption, work permit or residence permit will pay a fine.” (For more information you may consult to the  Ministry of Interior Directorate General  of Migraion Management –Frequently Asked Questions about Foreigners.)

The Length of ban is approximately corresponds to the length of overstayed period.  Notification about the entry ban period and the administrative fine is issued at the border gates.  In case of failing to pay imposed administrative fine, a foreign national might be barred to enter Turkey for five years period.

Maximum duration of an entry ban to Turkey is five years. “The entry ban to Turkey for foreigners whose visa or residence permit has expired and who has applied to the governorates to exit from Turkey before their situation is established by the competent authorities upon which a removal decision has been taken, shall not exceed one year.” (Art.9/4  Law no 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection)

Entry ban might be lifted in case the overstayed person applies to the Turkish missions abroad for the relevant type of visa. Applications are forwarded to the Turkish Ministry of Interior for approval and the visa can be issued upon the affirmative instructions of the Ministry.

Please consider that the website you have visited contains general information only, not legal advice. Although Expatuci Relocation has taken great care in compiling the content of Expat Guide publication and Expat Guide Turkey website,we cannot guarantee that all information is accurate and complete.

RELATED LEGISLATION

• For Entry Ban, you may consult to Articles 9 and 10, for new deportation rules you may consult to the second part (section 4) of the Law no.6458.
  • For the interpretation of the Law no.6458,you may consult to the official page of Directorate General of the Migration Management. Frequently Asked Questions about Foreigner

Notify of
guest
931 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
jacqueline
jacqueline
1 year ago

If our Visa expiry 18/7/20 but my flight ticket on 9/8/20 meaning overstayed at Turkey. May I know the charges for Malaysia Citizen overstay at TURKEY how much I need to paid.

Reply to  jacqueline

Hello,
The daily fee for overstaying for citizens of Malaysia is 2 USD. Please, be informed that final decision on the amount of fine will be taken by customs at the airport and it can differ from official amounts.

Indhira Gaviria
Indhira Gaviria
1 year ago

Hello, Can you share what is the fee for overstays for US citizens? Thank you!

Hello,
Daily fee for overstaying in Turkey for US citizens is 2 USD. Maximum fee for first month is 50 USD and for each remaining month it is 10 USD.

Kind Regards,

Your thoughts are important to us. Are you satisfied with the answers we have given to your questions? Please rate us and leave a comment Click here

Ibrahim Al Khatib
Ibrahim Al Khatib
Reply to

Hi can you please share the fee for tourist visa overstay for Lebanese and Croatian citizens in Turkey?

Hello,
Daily fees for overstay in Turkey for citizens of Lebanon and Croatia is 2 USD. Please, be informed that final decision on the amount of fine will be taken by customs at the airport and it can differ from official amounts.

Victor
Victor
Reply to

Please am a Nigerian, holding a resident permit. I went back home during the Xmas period and was due to return on the march 20th but due to the pendamic and every airport was shot down. Now my residents permit has expired this June. What should I do to return back to turkey. I have already made a new resident permit application but am still here in Nigeria.

Reply to  Victor

Hello,
If your residence permit expires before your flight to Turkey you will need to obtain a visa to reenter the country.

Beck
Beck

Hello!
I have a couple of the questions:
1. I arrived to Istanbul on 22 of February with a one-month visa exemption. I couldn’t leave the country because of the pandemic by the middle-end of March and I applied for a tourist residence permit (March 16). From the date of my application passed more than two months, and there is still no information when I will have an interview. what can I do? is it normal?
2. Once the borders will be opened, can I leave the country? or Should I wait until the interview? if yes, but I have to return back, what can i do?
3. If the borders of my destination will not open even after my interview, and i will be refused for residence permit, will be there a chance to stay in Turkey?
4. Where can we write our suggestions and complies? Is Foreign Ministry of Turkey dealing with entering, residing and exiting procedures for foreigners?

Reply to  Beck

Hello,
Since March appointment dates are not being granted in Istanbul so most probably there is no reason to be concerned, however you can always check the status of your application by calling 157, which is official line of Directorate of Migration. As your visa has already expired, you should stay in Turkey until you receive residence permit card. Otherwise you will need to pay a fine for overstaying while leaving the country. After residence permit application is denied, foreigners are supposed to leave Turkey within 10 days upon receiving information about the denial but if the boarders would be still closed, this rule will be adjusted accordingly. Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Directorate of Migration are dealing with topics related to foreigners in Turkey.

JJ
JJ

Hi.
What are the fees for UK citizens overstaying the 90 day period?
I will be around 34 days over when I leave Turkey and return to the UK.

Tia

Reply to  JJ

Hello,
Fee for overstaying for UK citizens is 50 USD for first month and 10 USD per each remaining month. Please, be informed that final decision on the amount of fine will be taken by customs at the airport and it can differ from official amounts.

Emmanuel Mutebi
Emmanuel Mutebi
1 year ago

Hey, do I need a turkish resident permit as a requirement to get a Canadian work visa while applying for it in Turkey

Jolanta Markowicz
Jolanta Markowicz
1 year ago

I’m on tourist visa in Turkey which will expire in a week.Im over 65 and on total lockdown.What shell I do?

Hello,
In order to stay in Turkey longer than the visa period for your nationality allows you to, you should obtain residence permit. Online application should be submitted in the system before expiration of your visa however appointment date currently can be granted even for August/September depending on a city, from which the application will be submitted from. After the application would be submitted in the system, you can stay in Turkey legally until receiving residence permit card even if your visa expires in the meantime. Otherwise, if you overstay your visa, you will need to pay a fine while leaving Turkey.

Alexandra Rus
Alexandra Rus

Hello,

I am Alexandra and I came from Romania on 4th of February – this meaning that I am allowed to stay here without a residence permit until 4th of May. However, I couldn’t leave Turkey because all the flights were canceled from 23rd of March until now (16th of April) and they will be extended until May.

I also tried to fill the pre-registration form on the https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/Ikamet/OnKayit, but it didn’t work and I guess it’s because of Coronavirus. I would like to take a residence permit for 1 year as soon as possible (tourism permit).

Apart from the fine that should be paid every day of my stay in Turkey, is there anything else involved that can harm me administratively?

Thank you for your time!

Reply to  Alexandra Rus

Hello,
If you obtain residence permit, you would not need to pay a fine for overstaying in Turkey. If you want, our company can assist you to apply for residence permit. For details you can contact us at: info@expatguideturkey.com.

Best Regards,

Mike
Mike

Dear Sir
Dear Madam

I am a French citizen, travelling in Turkey for business, registered a company in the textile industry last October,
Unfortunately, I have overstayed my visa, not being aware of the 90 days rule within 180 days, when I realized the mistake
I was in danger from travelling due to the infection growing in France and couldn’t leave due to the international flights restrictions,

What can I do to not be penalized or banned from Turkey? I have a business here and wish to open more business between France & Turkey In Sha Allah after this coronavirus is over,

Please tell me what can I do to regulate the situation as I wish to respect the legal rules of your country,

Rhalp Lorenz
Rhalp Lorenz
1 year ago

Merhaba, I am in Instanbul and I have short term residence permit that will expire on April 1 but due to covid19 all international flights are cancelled, thus I cannot leave turkey before the expiration. Would I need to pay penalty of overstaying ?

Reply to  Rhalp Lorenz

Thank you for your comment.

There is no official statement regarding foreigners, who overstay in Turkey due to Covid19. Due to current rules, you need to pay a fine for each day of overstay.

Kind Regards,

Your thoughts are important to us. Are you satisfied with the answers we have given to your questions? Please rate us and leave a comment.Click here

Malcolm Parfitt
Malcolm Parfitt

Hello,
I am a UK citizen who was in Turkey for work with a completed Work Visa and blue card valid to the end of November 2020. I have flown home for a 30 day holiday period but may now not be able to return within the 30 days due to travel lockdown.
What is the impact of not returning to Turkey within the 30 days ? Will all my visa and work permits still be valid ?

Thank you for your comment.

As long as your employer would not cancel your work permit, the document will be still valid and you can enter Turkey on this basis.

Priscilla
Priscilla

Hello there,
My residence permit expired on the 18.04, I applied for renewal on the 13.03 but due to delays of coronavirus, I still don’t have an appointment. At the 157 they told me the appointment shouldnt be before August, however, I need to go to France in July/August for family matters, they told me I should pay a fine (for 4 months overstay??) when I leave, and then be banned for 3 months.. Is that right? This delay is due to corona and even if I wanted to leave I couldnt because of closed borders.. Thus doesn’t sound very fair/legal to me, is there any special treatment for those “coronavirus” delays?
Thanks a lot

Reply to  Priscilla

Hello,
Currently there is no update regarding foreigners who overstayed in Turkey due to Covid-19. Decision on amount of fine and entry ban to Turkey will be taken by the customs at the airport while leaving the country.

Ma
Ma

Hello!
My tourist visa expires in a week but currently I can not literally go anywhere else cause due to pandemic, flighys have been cancelled. Has the government issued any statement regarding overstaying during the pandemic?

Reply to  Ma

Thank you for your comment.

Currently there is no official statement regarding those, who overstay in Turkey due to flights cancelletion caused by pandemic.

Harriet
Harriet
1 year ago

Today I just received a letter that my residence permit renewal was rejected, can I apply again? What should I do?

Reply to  Harriet

Thank you for your comment.

It is not possible to reapply unless you leave and reeneter Turkey. You are also not allowed to apply for the same purpose of stay for six months upon the rejection of your application.

Joy
Joy
Reply to  Harriet

Hello Harriet, i am thinking of applying for a renewal also then i saw you messsage i was shock, really they rejected your application ?

Random
Random
1 year ago

I had student resident permit which was valid to 2022 but due to some reason i left the university so university cancelled my ikamat then police caught because of cancellation of ikamat and that time i dont have any appointment while in police custody my friend applied for new tourist resident permit but unfortunately that date has gone in 28 feb now i have new appointment in march so am i able to get ikamat or not ?

Reply to  Random

Thank you for your comment.

As we do not know the details of your current status, unfortunately we do not know if you are eligible for toursitic residence permit.

Firuze
Firuze

Hi!
I have overstayed the 90/180 days by 149 days, I still have a valid visa till 12 of April, and I am still staying in Turkey at the moment. I am planning on going home (to Norway) by the end of this week but I was wondering what the consequences will be of this overstay. It was by all means not intentional, I simply thought that I could stay full 180 days in turkey with a visa.

Thanks for your attention.
I’m looking forward to your reply.

Reply to  Firuze

Thank you for your comment.

You must pay a fine for overstaying in Turkey while leaving the country. You can find official amount of fines in the chart above. Please, be informed that final decision on the amount of fine will be taken by customs at the airport and it can differ from official amounts.

Mike
1 year ago

Hello guys, I am a French citizen and overstayed my touristic visa for 60 days, how much would be the fees? where do i need to pay those fees and would i be automatically banned from entering Turkey if i decide to leave to come back few days later to legal apply for a resident permit?

Reply to  Mike

Thank you for your comment.

Official amount of fine for 60 days overstay in Turkey for French citizens is 60 USD. Fine should be paid at the customs while leaving the country. Please, be informed that final decision on the amount of fine will be taken by customs at the airport and it can differ from official amounts. If you pay the fine, you would not be banned to reenter Turkey and you are allowed to apply for residence permit after entering the country with new visa.

Mike
Mike
Reply to

Thanks for the reply. Now that the international flights are cancelled and that the visa is overstayed, what will happen once they reopen the borders? Do we risk a ban , do we risk a fine? So for overstayed days as French citizen its 1$ per day?

Reply to  Mike

For French citizens official amount of fine is 2 USD daily, maximum 50 USD for first month and 10 USD for remaining months. If the fine would be paid, there is no reason to be banned to reenter Turkey.

Badr eddine
Badr eddine
1 year ago

Hello everyone, im a moroccan citizen, I overstayed my visa for about 1 month . I want to know if i can arrange this by taking a resident permit and paying all the fees or is it already too late and i’ll cert Get a rentry ban. If yes can you please explain to me how it works and if it is possible to bypass it. Thank you in advance

Reply to  Badr eddine

Thank you for your comment.

It is not possible to obtain residence permit if your visa has already expired. In order to apply for residence permit you need to leave Turkey and reenter the country with new visa. If you pay a fine for overstaying while leaving, you will not be banned to reenter Turkey.

Yana
Yana
Reply to  Badr eddine

Hello!
I’m a Russian exchange student and I haven’t applied for residence permit in time, so I have to pay a fine.
I visited the Göç Idaresi today and they told me that if I pay the fine at the airport when going back to Russia, I will not be banned from entering Turkey at all and moreover I will pay less than I would have to pay here in Istanbul.
Is it actually true?..
(By the time I would be going back I would overstay for three months)

Reply to  Yana

Hello,
If you pay a fine, you will not be banned to re-enter Turkey. Decision on the amount of fine will be taken by customs at the airport.

Abdullahi
Abdullahi

Hello,

How much would the fine be for the citizens of Kenya who overstayed on a tourist visa?
How much per day would be the fine?

Thanks.

Reply to  Abdullahi

Thank you for your comment.

Daily fee for overstaying for Citizens of Kenya is 2 USD. Please, be informed that final decision on the amount of fine will be taken by customs at the airport and it can differ from official amounts.

Hasan
Hasan

Hi!
I’m a Somali citizen and I’m a master student in Istanbul. I’ve applied for a student residency permit but they rejected on account of my previous residency permit had expired and i overstayed. I’ve bee here for a year now and they’ve told me i need to leave and re-enter. I’ve contacted 157 and the göc idaresi but they have no clue about how much my possible fine would be. What is the overstay daily fine for a somali citizen?

Thanks in advance,
Hasan

Reply to  Hasan

Thank you for your comment.

Daily amount of fine for citizens of Somalia is 2 USD. Please, be informed that final decision on the amount of fine will be taken by customs at the airport and it can differ from official amounts.

Nahoko kilbey
Nahoko kilbey

Dear sir or madam,
I am a uk citizens who entered turkey without visa and payed fine at airport in order to leave. If I want to apply for a visa to go to turkey in the future. will my application be rejected?

Reply to  Nahoko kilbey

Thank you for your comment.

If you paid a fine and were not banned to reenter Turkey, you are allowed to obtain a visa to visit Turkey in the future.

Nahoko Kilbey
Nahoko Kilbey
Reply to  Nahoko kilbey

Thank you for your swift answer to my previous question. May I ask you how I know if I am banned for the future entry?
I tried for evisa & was rejected. Although it was said I may apply for a sticker visa. Is it likely that I am banned?

Didiero
1 year ago

Hello there, I’m Burundian I overstayed my visa and I’d like to go to Svalbard as is free visa for my Burundian passport, do I have to go back home or I just have to book my flight ticket and go?

Adnan
Adnan
1 year ago

I was in Turkey for 20 days as bussines trip during january. I will also travel in Turkey in february and march and will be there most of this months. So I will spend my 90/180 days by 10-15 april. Also My wife is a pregnant and probably she will delivered baby at middle of april (17 april) in Turkey. She will not overdue but I will. So I will probably overdue for 10-15 days not to live her alone and to be present during delivery. What I can do to legaly stay for 10-15 days more and what can be fee if I overdue (cost and enterence). I’m Bosnian citizen.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to  Adnan

Thank you for your comment.

The only way to extend a visa is obtaining residence permit, however application procedures take up to 4 month currently, depending on the city you would apply from. Daily fine for overstaying in Turkey for citizens of Bosnia is 2 USD. Please, be informed that final decision on the amount of fine will be taken by customs at the airport and it can differ from official amounts.

MJ
MJ

Hello,

I am a US citizen and I overstayed my visa while waiting for my new residency appointment in Turkey. I didn’t realize that between the time my visa expired to my appointment meant that I would be overstayed and had to leave Turkey temporarily for a couple weeks which is when I found all this out upon arriving at Istanbul Airport. At Istanbul Airport I was told I had to pay a fine, however, I didn’t have enough money on me. I explained I planned to return to Turkey in a couple weeks and had no problem paying then, I was allowed to leave but told I had to step into a Turkish consulate in the US, pay my fine to return to Turkey. They stamped my passport (a regular looking stamp) and I was on my way. However, when I arrived at the Turkish consulate., I told them my story and was told I couldn’t even be seen without an appointment which I had to apply online for. I also needed to provide my passport, a bank statement, reservation for round trip tickets, travelers insurance($160), a passport sized photo, the place/hotel i was staying and a reason for visit. Basically it was like reapplying for a visa all over again. I really don’t have the money to do this whole process…and I am concerned about being able to re-enter for my appointment coming up.

Basically I want to know if I can just apply for an evisa online and pay the fine upon my arrival back into Turkey. No one told me I was banned or put any funny stamp in my passport.
I know it’s lengthy story but I wanted to give the full scope, to allow anyone to provide me with any information that I may be missing.
Please if anyone can explain to me the best way to handle this so I can re-enter Turkey and not be banned or sent back to US. Is there a way I can find out if I am banned before returning?

Thank you in advance!

Reply to  MJ

Thank you for your comment.

You should follow the procedures as required by Turkish Embassy in order to reenter Turkey.

Omar sharabati
Omar sharabati
1 year ago

Hello i am from switzerland and i wanted to ask if i could get banned in my case i applied for a residency permit the first time and i had the appointment on 09.01 i came in september 2019 and i already left turkey once without my residency before 3 weeks i had to pay a fine of 800 TL and they told me i would get banned if it happens again so now i must to leave for a very urgent emergency for like 2 weeks maybe and the migration center in fatih istanbul told me i can get the müracet belgesi for 15 days after 1 month after my application so now what can i do ? Paying a fine is not the problem but what would be a big problem in my case the re entry ban because of my studies thank you

Reply to  Omar sharabati

Thank you for your comment.

We would recommend not to leave Turkey before receving residence permit card or document allowing you to stay abroad for up to 15 days (müracaat belgesi) if you have overstayed before and entered Turkey conditionally as most probably you would be banned to reenter the country for up to 5 years.

sylvia
sylvia
Reply to

Hi: My fiance is in Istanbul since 14/08/2019 on a business trip. His a US citizen. His business didn’t go well. He’s overstayed his Visa and now he has to return to US. What can he do? Is there a amnesty forgiveness form.

Reply to  sylvia

Thank you for your comment.

While leaving Turkey, your fiancee will need to pay a fine for overstaying. Otherwise, he will be banned to reenter Turkey for up to five years.

Didiero
Reply to

Hello there, i overstayed my visa and I’d like to leave Turkey, is it possible to go in another country, or I will have to go back home first, the country I wanna go is free visa

Reply to  Didiero

Thank you for your comment.

You are not obliged to go to your home country after you overstayed your visa, after you pay a fine for overstaying, you can go to any country.

Brian
Brian
Reply to

Hello
I applied for student residence permit a month ago but I still haven’t gotten my residence permit and my visa will expire in a week. Will I be forced to leave the country if my residence permit is not yet available by next week ?

Reply to  Brian

Thank you for your comment.

As your residence permit has been already submitted, you are allowed to stay in Turkey legally until your card will be issued even if your visa expires in the meantime.

sylvia
sylvia
Reply to  sylvia

What are the fees my fiance has to pay for overstaying his visa? Its almost 4 months he overstayed?

Zaynab
Zaynab

Hi Admin,
I am a Nigerian citizen and I entered Turkey on 22/11/2019 with a student visa, I am here for my graduate school. I wanted to do my registrations in order to get a residence permit, but the university insisted I have to wait till this month to write an exam after that I can register. Registrations open on 27/1/2020 and my visa expires on 28/1/2020. I really don’t know what to do.
i don’t if you could help me with a solution. Am I in trouble?

Reply to  Zaynab

Thank you for your comment.

You must apply online for residence permit before expiration of your visa, which means by 28.01.2020. If you make you application before this date, you will not face any problem.

sani
sani
1 year ago

Hello, I am Japanese national. I got banned on border gates as I could not pay the fine. ( I was on 10 days conditional entry visa and was asked to apply for ikamet. I applied for student ikamet actually but the university later told that they are not starting the language course so i should leave turkey and not take ikamet anymore and thatswhy i was leaving without finalizing ikamet process. But the border police asked me that i cant leave without getting ikamet and asked fine but I couldnt pay that time, i explained also that its the university asked me to leave but he didnt listen and banned me for 3 years i think).I want to go to Turkey again. My passport is Japanese that normally dont need visa. I want to ask should i apply for visa at the embassy in this case? Is it the normal process to apply? and as I will not be in Japan, can I apply from any Turkish embassy or only from Turkish embassy in Japan? By the way, is there any other way to lift the ban, like through the lawyers? Thank you for your help.

Reply to  sani

Thank you for your comment.

As we do not know the details of your case, you should contact nearest Turkish Consulate/Embassy to get information about your current status.

Mutebi Emmanuel
Mutebi Emmanuel

Hello admin,
Thanks for your feedbacks, my question: Am in turkey already, with fair/exhibition visa, and am likely to get a scholarship to study a masters program, can I get residence permit even when I have a different visa
??

Thank you for your comment.

It is not possible to obtain residence permit on basis of fair/exhibition visa. If you would get enrolled into university in Turkey, you will be eligible for student visa and after entering Turkey with this kind of visa, you can obtain student residence permit.

ibrahim
ibrahim
1 year ago

hello. im korean. i came here 3.5 months ago and i applied for student visa a month ago.i wanted to go Dubai for trip. so i went to goc idaresi for ikamet izin bilgi and they said that i have to pain fine of 300tl for overstaying 15 days. is it okay if i just leave the country and come back after 3 weeks.

Reply to  ibrahim

Thank you for your comment.

If you pay a fine for overstaying in Turkey while leaving, you will be eligible to reenter the country with new visa. If you have already applied for residence permit, you can obtain from Directorate of Migration a document allowing you to leave Turkey for up to 15 days without consequences after your application will be approved in the system and before receiving residence permit card.

Larisa
Larisa

Hello,

My name is Larisa, I overstayed my visa with 2 months. I am a lebanese citizen. I want to leave turkey in the next days.Do you know if I will be allowed to have a connection flight from istanbul? Now I am living in ankara and the best way to travel is connection from Istanbul.
As well do you know how much the fees can be?

Reply to  Larisa

Thank you for your comment.

If you will pay the fine for overstaying and show the customs your flight tickets to Lebanon, you should not face a problem regarding connection flight. According to official fine rates, you shold pay approximately 60 USD for overstaying for 2 months in Turkey. Please, be informed that final decision on amount of fine will be taken by the customs at the airport and it might differ from the official rates.

Saba
Saba

Hello,
Im currently a student in Istanbul and had a student visa when I came to Turkey(September). After 2 months, I received my residence permit (November) which expires this January. My Question is: I want to stay 1-2 months longer in Istanbul for touristic purposes, can I leave Turkey when my residency expired and reenter Turkey with an EVisa (even though I had a visa before?!)
Thanks

Reply to  Saba

Thank you for your comment.

If you leave Turkey before expiration of your residence permit, you will be eligible to obtain new visa and reenter the country.

Jawwad muhammad khan
Jawwad muhammad khan
1 year ago

I have to ask i miss my appoinment yesterday now my resident permit expire on 6 nov 2019 if i will not pay fine they will deport me without fine

Thank you for your comment.

If, for any reason, you aould not pay the fine for overstaying, you may be deported and banned to reenter Turkey for up to five years.

Serife Yucel
Serife Yucel
1 year ago

Hi I’m a Turkish and Australian citizen however my children are only Australian. I got my daughter a 3month visa and she is in turkey at the moment. Her father who resides in turkey and also a Turkish citizen has applied for my childrens Turkish citizenships and waiting for the process. İf my daughter hasn’t still become a citizen by the time her viza runs out what does she need to do. She is only 13 and she traveled by her self. I’m hoping she can stay until she gets her citizenship even after her viza might run out?

Reply to  Serife Yucel

Thank you for your comment.

You should apply for daughter’s residence permit before her visa expires. This way your daughter will be allowed to stay in Turkey legally until Turkish Citizenship application will be approved.

scroll to top