How Can Foreigners Get a Certificate of Residence in Turkey?

First of all, we would like to remind you that it is obligatory for people legally residing in Turkey to declare their place of residence and, if necessary, to provide certificate of residence. Foreigners who have obtained a residence permit are legally obliged to make this address notification within 20 days. Foreigners can apply to the Population Directorate in their district to register their address. You need to make an appointment for address notification via for the residence permit document, which is generally requested by the authorities in residence permit procedures. In this article, we will talk about the documents required for the settlement document along with the address registration.

How to Apply for Certificate of Residence?

Firstly, you need to create an address registration appointment on the NVI website with your foreign identity number. After creating your appointment, if there is no one legally present at your address, the address registration process will be completed quickly. However, if someone else lives at your address, the civil registration office may also request an invoice issued in your name. You need to have the following documents with you for address notification and residence document.

*Residence permit / work permit
*Rental contract
*Water or electricity bill

If you have questions about the residence certificate of foreigners, you can send them to us in the comments section.


Expat Guide Turkey is a news website that shares important events in Turkey and news concerning foreigners in Turkey. It also contains a guide to undiscovered places, city and district about Turkey.

One Comment

  1. Marhaba, I hope you can help with a query I have. We have recently moved to Ankara and are trying to complete the equivalency process for our older two children. We are now at the stage where the relevant department is asking for their certificate of residence. My husband and I have copies of ours but on the Turkish govt website we can’t seem to get access to their certificates. Do you know if there are any other methods for getting the certificate for a child. All our family are officially registered at the address.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button

Ad Blocker Detected

We earn income from advertisements in order to provide you with a better service. Please turn off your ad blocker and refresh the page to access the content.