Kerebic has a completely different presentation and taste with its foam resembling whipped cream. It may seem very complicated to do, don’t be intimidated.
Materials of Kerebic;
- Half a teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 cup of semolina
- flour as it takes
- 1 teaspoon mahaleb (Mixed with flour)
- 600 grams of Pistachios or walnuts
- 200 grams of Sugar
Preparation of Kerebic;
- First, heat the olive oil for two minutes.
- After five minutes, add the butter and turn off the stove.
- Mix the egg, sugar and oil. Meanwhile, add semolina, flour and mahlebi.
- Add this mixture to the pan with the oil and mix it. Start kneading.
- Keep the prepared dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Take walnut-sized pieces from the dough. As if you are preparing kibbeh, put a lot of the stuffing inside and close it.
- Shape and bake in the oven at 180 degrees until lightly browned.
- When you are going to make kerebic, soak the celandine with 4 glasses of water the night before. In the morning, take it to the stove and boil it for about 2 hours.
- You can add more as the water decreases. Take the boiling chives from the stove and crush them.
- Then boil it for a while. In the meantime, take sugar and water in a separate pot and bring it to a good boil to make the syrup.
- Take the ready-made chives from the stove and put them in the fridge to cool.
- Beat the cooled gypsum with the help of a mixer. When it starts to foam, slowly add the syrup from time to time and continue whisking.
- After whisking for 1 hour, put it in the fridge. Add the butter and powdered sugar in a bowl and mix until creamy.
After all that hard work, you can taste your delicious dessert. This dessert will be good for you.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
If you like delicious dessert recipes of Turkish cuisine, this recipe may interest you; Sultan of Ramadan; Zulbiye – Discover Turkish Dessert