Kibbeh unique to Antep, Adana, Malatya and Maraş regions; Because of its taste, spice and aroma, it can be a reason to move to these regions, make close friends, or even get married.
If you wish, you can boil it in water and serve it with garlic yogurt, if you wish, you can fry it and experience this unique recipe. Fear not, a little dexterity and a few basic ingredients are all it takes to prepare kibbeh. Don’t be discouraged if you think you are not talented, you can buy kibbeh for sale online.
Materials of Kibbeh;
For the outer grout:
- 2.5 cups fine bulgur for meatballs
- 1.5 teaspoons of semolina
- 4.5 glasses of water (hot)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1.5 tablespoons of tomato paste or pepper paste
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
For internal mortar:
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 450 grams medium fat ground beef
- 3 onions (diced)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 cups crushed walnuts
Preparation of Kibbeh;
- To prepare the internal mortar for kibbeh; Chop the onion into small cubes. Heat the oil in the pan.
- Fry the chopped onion and medium-fat ground beef. Add salt, pepper and walnuts on it and leave the stuffing to cool.
- To prepare the outside of the kibbeh; For meatballs, put fine bulgur and semolina in a deep bowl. Add hot water to it and let it sit for 10 minutes until the bulgur swells.
- After mixing the tomato paste, salt and pepper into the bulgur and semolina mixture, add the flour little by little and knead until it becomes a dough.
- Take palm-sized pieces from the mortar you have prepared, wet your hands, smooth the edges with your fingers and make a hollow in the middle.
- Fill the meatballs with the stuffing that you prepared and cooled beforehand. According to desire; Prepare the meatballs with pointed ends by rolling them after closing the edges or pressing them with your fingers.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wide-bottomed pan. Fry the kibbeh you prepared in hot oil until golden brown with the help of tongs.
- Serve hot and enjoy with your loved ones. Bon Appetit!
For the kibbehs to be easily shaped; Open the middle parts by dipping your hand in water or oil. If you are going to make kibbeh with the help of a ready-made mold, putting a stretch on the mold first will make it easier for you to remove it from the mold.
You may interest : One Plate is Never Enough: Kayseri Ravioli – Discover Turkish Food