Kayseri ravioli is one of the rare dishes of our country. Few things can match the beauty of ravioli, which is synonymous with Kayseri and can fit 40 pieces in a spoon. We would like to remind you that there are many ravioli recipes. The most famous is the classic ravioli of the Kayseri region. The tiny dough with minced meat combines with plenty of garlic yoghurt and butter sauce, adding flavor to its taste. Here is a delicious homemade Kayseri ravioli recipe that everyone, big or small, will love!
Materials of Kayseri Ravioli;
- 3 cups flour
- Warm water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For The Mortar:
- 250 grams ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
For The Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
For The Above:
- 1 cup garlic yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of mint
- 1/2 teaspoon of sumac
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
Preparation of Kayseri Ravioli;
- Take 3 glasses of flour in a mixing bowl, open the middle, add egg, salt and 1 glass of warm water and knead.
- The dough should be non-sticky. Prepare the dough, cover it and let it rest.
- For the stuffing of the Kayseri ravioli, grate 1 onion. Add 250 grams of minced meat to the onion.
- Add black pepper, salt and chili powder and knead well.
- Divide the dough into pieces.
- Roll out each piece to be thicker than the ready dough with the help of a rolling pin.
- Cut the rolled dough into small squares.
- Put a small piece of ground beef in the middle of each square.
- Close as a bunch.
- Add water to a deep saucepan, bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes.
- For the sauce, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste to the melted butter and fry.
- Open the tomato paste with the water of the cooked ravioli and boil for a few minutes.
- After draining the Kayseri ravioli on the serving plate, pour the garlic yogurt on it.
- After pouring the sauce you prepared on it, you can serve it by adding dry mint, sumac and chili peppers. Bon Appetit!
You need to roll out the ravioli dough quickly so that it does not lose its stickiness. In order to prevent the dough from drying out, you should close it without waiting after the mortar is filled. You can also add chicken or broth to the boiling water to increase its flavor. Good luck.
You may interested : Food Every Day : Tas Kebab – Discover Turkish Food