Tas kebab, which belongs to the Yozgat region, was cooked on the stove with rice or bulgur. In some regions, it is still the first dish given in the tradition of asking for a girl. Even in the 18th century, when wealthy families wanted to hire a cook for their house, they had tas kebab made as a trial dish.
While the meat is marinated in this dish in the palace and public cuisine; At dinner, garlic yogurt was served by adding cinnamon, anise, cardamom, thyme, mint and parsley.
- 800 grams of beef
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 2 spoonful butter
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Flour (1 tablespoun)
- Tomato Paste (1 teaspoon )
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 3 cups of hot water
- 4 black peppers
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan.
- After adding 1 onion and 3 cloves of garlic, continue frying with the meat.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes until the smell of 1 tablespoon of flour you will add with the meat is gone. Add 1 teaspoon of tomato paste.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 diced potato, 1 diced carrot and black pepper and add 3 glasses of water.
- Cover the pot and cook for 30 minutes.
- When the water of the dish thickens, serve the meat hot with the meal. Bon Appetit!
Thyme is one of the most delicious secrets that can be used in tas kebab. The smell and taste of the meat while it is cooking will make the tas kebab a richer flavor.
Another delicious secret that is especially mentioned in tas kebab recipes is the addition of garlic grains. Together with garlic, it suits the dish with its original and beautiful smell.
You may interested : One of the Most Delicious: Eggplant Moussaka – Discover Turkish Food