Food & Beverage
One of the Most Delicious: Eggplant Moussaka – Discover Turkish Food
We will share a wonderful recipe with eggplant, one of the indispensable vegetables of Turkish cuisine. Moussaka, one of the first dishes that comes to mind when it comes to eggplant dish, is a daily dish that you can often encounter on Turkish tables, as it is among the easy and delicious dishes to prepare. As with every eggplant dish, you can take the bitter taste of eggplant and add flavor to your meals while making moussaka. In addition to this beautiful eggplant moussaka recipe that you can cook in the oven or in a pot, it will be the most preferred pilaf. Don’t forget to do ‘Cacık’ with it. Good luck!
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 medium green peppers
- 4 medium eggplants
- 300 grams low-fat ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Black Pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Cumin (1 teaspoon)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 glass of water
- After removing the ends of the eggplants, peel the skins into strips. Then slice the eggplants into rounds. Soak in salt water to relieve bitterness.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the chopped onions and fry until golden brown. Add the pepper and continue frying. And add the minced meat, tomato paste, salt, pepper and cumin and continue cooking.
- Add the diced tomatoes and let it cook. After the tomatoes are cooked, remove from the stove.
- To fry the eggplants, heat the sunflower oil in a wide-bottomed pan. Drain the eggplants waiting in salted water. After drying the eggplants with the help of a salad dryer or paper towel, fry them by turning them inside out in hot oil.
- Take the fried eggplants from the hot oil and put them in a separate pot.
- After adding the minced meat you prepared on it, add 1 glass of water and let it cook for 15 minutes. Serve hot. Bon Appetit!
You may interested : A Complete Vegetarian: Mücver Recipe – Discover Turkish Food