Zulbiye dessert is actually a Ramadan dessert. It is also possible to make this dessert at home, which adorns the streets of Izmir every year during Ramadan. Because once you taste it, you may not want to wait for the next Ramadan. So let’s get our recipe…
Materials of Zulbiye;
- 2 cups flour
- 1 glass of water Milk
- 1 glass of water
- 2 eggs
- 1 bowl of walnuts
- Half a glass of starch
- Half a glass of olive oil
- 1 cup of molasses
Preparation of Zulbiye;
- Take the flour in a mixing bowl. Add milk, water, egg, olive oil and starch and knead a dough as soft as an earlobe.
- Take walnut-sized pieces from the dough and roll them in a flattened shape.
- Shape the dough into knots. Fry in hot oil.
- Drain the oil and place on a serving plate. You can serve it by pouring molasses on it and sprinkling walnuts.
A confectioner from Izmir, who served in Damascus during the Ottoman period, brings Zulbiye to Bergama on his return from duty. Everyone who eats the dessert likes it and spreads it. But we cannot understand why it is only done during Ramadan. Fortunately, thanks to this recipe, it will become one of the indispensables of your menus…
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
If you like delicious dessert recipes of Turkish cuisine, this recipe may interest you; Try Gullac Like This; Gullac Sarma – Discover Turkish Dessert