Gullac Sarma is a very easy and delicious dessert to make. Gullac dessert is very popular in Turkey, especially during Ramadan. Gullac Sarma is just like Gullac.
Materials of Gullac Sarma
- 1 liter milk,
- 1.5 cups of sugar,
- 4 rosemary leaves,
- 1 tablespoon of rose water (optional),
For the top;
- Powdered Pistachios
- Pomegranate seeds
Preparation of Gullac Sarma
- Put the milk and sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. It should be at a temperature not to burn hands.
- Meanwhile, Gullac leaves are cut in half with kitchen scissors. Take 1-2 spoons of milk in a deep tray and leave a piece of Gullac leaf on the tray, pour the milk on it and wait for the leaf to soften.
- After the Gullac leaf softens, the flat side is laid and rolled for walnuts.
- The rolled roll is wrapped in a helix and taken into a deep container. After all the leaves are wrapped in the same way, the remaining 1 glass of milk is taken and 1 tablespoon of rose water is added and mixed. The use of rose water is optional.
- Finally, the prepared milk is poured over Gullac and the dessert is decorated. After resting for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator, Gullac Sarma is ready to be served.
Gullac Sarma can be served in different ways. If you want a dessert that will satisfy you both visually and tastefully, this dessert is for you. Bon Appetit!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
If you like delicious dessert recipes of Turkish cuisine, this recipe may interest you; Saffron Dessert; Zerde – Discover Turkish Dessert