As the winter months come, we are here with a local soup recipe. Mahluta soup is made especially in Mersin, Hatay and Adana regions. It is similar to lentil soup in general, but the most important feature of this soup is that it is not passed through a mixer, that is, it is grainy. Mahluta soup, which is a very nutritious soup, will be the queen of this winter.
Materials of Mahluta Soup;
- 1 cup of red lentils
- Half cup of rice
- 1 pc onion
- Olive oil (3 tablespoons)
- Butter (1 tablespoon)
- Tomato paste (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (1 tablespoon)
- Ground red pepper (1 tablespoon)
- Cumin (1 tablespoon)
- 8 glasses of water
Preparation of Mahluta Soup;
- Put the washed lentils and rice in a deep pot, add 8 glasses of water, turn on the stove and boil until the rice is soft.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan; Fry the finely chopped onion in olive oil, then add the butter and tomato paste and continue frying until the smell of tomato paste comes out.
- After adding the spices, add the onion mortar you prepared on top of the lentils that are boiling next to it and boil a little more.
- Then serve hot. Good luck!
You can color this recipe, which is very tasty and practical, with different spices. If you wish, you can try Mahluta soup by adding lemon juice while it is cooking.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : Roses Bloomed on Plates: Adana Ravioli (Rose Ravioli) – Discover Turkish Food