Islama is a local dish of Kastamonu region. It is also known as “banduma” among the people and is especially prepared for special visits, relatives gatherings and weddings. We cannot say that it is a food consumed in daily life. If you have a large number of guests and want to preserve variety, we can recommend islama as an easy and enjoyable recipe. If you have a large number of guests and want to preserve diversity, we can recommend islama as an easy and enjoyable recipe.
Materials of Islama;
- Half kilo of dry dough
- 1.5 liters of chicken stock
- 200 grams of melted butter
- 600 grams boiled chicken (grated)
- 70 grams of powdered walnut kernels
Preparation of Islama;
- Boil the whole chicken and drain the water.
- Shred the boiled chicken.
- Add 1 ladle of chicken stock to a round baking tray and spread the dry phyllo dough on it in large and small sizes. Leave the middle part of the tray empty.
- After putting a ladle of chicken stock on the dry phyllo, pour the melted butter over all the phyllo.
- After placing the boiled and shredded chicken pieces on the phyllo dough, sprinkle powdered walnuts on it.
- Repeat the same process three more times.
- Place the remaining boiled, shredded chicken in the empty part in the middle of the tray.
- Finally, after sprinkling powdered walnuts on it, bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes and serve hot. Enjoy your meal!
If you wish, you can increase the number of phyllo dough you will add to the tray while it is cooking. You have decided to spoil the islama meal, but if you do not like chicken, you can use turkey meat, which is as delicious as chicken meat, or you can add mushrooms or cream to increase the flavor of chicken meat.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : You Will Be Hypnotized: Siron – Discover Turkish Food