Tantuni is one of the famous dishes of Mersin. It is possible to make this dish at home, which you can easily find in restaurants and mobile stalls all over Turkey. You can also make tantuni, which was originally made with meat, using chicken. Both will taste amazing like you wouldn’t believe.
Materials of Tantuni;
- 750 grams of beef
- Half a teaspoon of oil
- Butter (1 tablespoon)
- Ground red pepper (1 tablespoon)
- 1 pc onion
- Half a bunch of parsley
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of hot water
Preparation of Tantuni;
- Finely chop the meat and boil it in a saucepan until slightly tender.
- Then turn the meat in a pan without oil.
- Add black pepper, salt and water and cook by mixing a little.
- Then put the meat between the lavash and add the chopped onion, finely chopped tomato and chopped parsley on it. Enjoy your meal!
We mentioned that Tantuni can be made with meat and chicken. Again, like this situation, you can choose bread instead of lavash for presentation. In any case, since one portion of tantuni will not be enough, you will consume at least two portions either way!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : Flavor from the Ottoman Empire: Meat Stew with Cherry – Discover Turkish Food