Meat Stew with Cherry; One of the great recipes where fruit meets meat. Although fruit and meat may seem like very opposite tastes at first glance, Ottoman cuisine blended these two ingredients so well that an unforgettable flavor emerged. As Expat Guide Turkey, we are here to surprise you with the recipe for Meat Stew with Cherry.
Materials of Meat Stew with Cherry;
- 500 grams minced beef
- 300 seedless cherries
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of honey
- 300 ml bone broth
- 300 ml of water
- Black pepper
Preparation of Meat Stew with Cherry;
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, put the olive oil in a saucepan and heat it.
- Turn the meat off over high heat and set aside.
- Add the lamb, chopped onion and butter and sauté in a covered pot.
- Then add the meat, honey, water and bone broth along with the bone broth and cook with the lid closed until the meat is tender.
- When the meat is tender, add the cherries, cook for a few minutes taking care not to fall apart and serve.
Since Turkish cuisine has hosted different cultures for centuries, the food culture is also quite developed. You can find many recipes on our site, especially the Cherry Meat Stew, which may seem suspicious at first glance, but you will love it when you try it.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : The Best Sunday Breakfast: Menemen – Discover Turkish Food