Menemen is indispensable for Turkish Sunday breakfasts. Moreover, it is consumed not only at breakfast, but at any time of the day! This taste, which is very practical and satisfying, varies from region to region. So, we can say that the menemen recipe depends entirely on your creativity. You can add any vegetables you want in it, we are sure that it will be great in every way. While we agree that it tastes great, there is one thing we disagree with. Is menemen made with or without onions?
Materials of Menemen;
- 4 large tomatoes
- 3 green peppers
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 eggs
- Black pepper
- Red pepper
Preparation of Menemen;
- First, peel the skins off the tomatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Clean and wash the seeds of the peppers and chop finely. Heat the olive oil in the pan.
- Add the peppers to the pan and fry them first, then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Then season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Cover the pot and cook the vegetables thoroughly. When the tomatoes release their juices, break the eggs into the pan.
- You can mix eggs and tomatoes if you wish. Finally, close the lid of the pot again and cook.
- You can consume menemen with cornbread or serve with potato pancakes. Enjoy your meal!
If you want to be included in the discussion, don’t forget to add onions to your next menemen recipe. After saying that this recipe, which will make you eat a lot of bread, is a diet enemy, we wish you good luck.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : Every Meal: Pickled Beetroot – Discover Turkish Food