Every Meal: Pickled Beetroot – Discover Turkish Food
Pickled beetroot is a delicious taste that you can consume at every meal. It’s easy to make and fun to eat. In addition, if we examine the nutritional values, we can say that beet contains intense antioxidants. We have prepared a pickle recipe full of minerals and vitamins that will color every table…
Materials of Pickled Beetroot;
- 1.5 kg of red beetroot
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grape vinegar
- 1.5 – 2 tablespoons of salt
Preparation of Pickled Beetroot;
- Wash the beets by rubbing, put them in the pot, add water and 1-2 teaspoons of salt and boil them until they soften.
- Remove the boiled beets from the water while they are hot and peel them very thinly or rub them with a towel. Cut into quarters or six, depending on the size of the beets.
- Lightly crush the peeled garlic in salt or cut into 2-3 parts.
- Put the vinegar and salt in the jar, add 1-2 ladles of hot boiling water, mix and dissolve the salt.
- After the salt melts, add the garlic, press the chopped beets into the jar.
- Add the remaining boiling water to the jar and seal it tightly.
- Leave at room temperature for 2 days. Your pickle is ready to serve in 2-7 days.
If you don’t like the intense garlic flavor in the pickle, you can discard the garlic whole. You can also make your pickles have a more intense color by using the water in which you boiled the beets. Enjoy the pickled beetroot!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : Healing from Gaziantep: Beyran Soup – Discover Turkish Food