Residence Permit

The Conditions for Foreigners to Obtain Family Residence Permit after Marriage in Turkey?

Firstly, it should be known that even if foreigners do not have a valid residence permit in Turkey, they can get married by completing the necessary conditions and documents. However, foreigners who violate their legal right to stay in Turkey may be subject to entry bans and administrative fines for different periods, even if they get married. However, once these entry bans have expired and fines have been paid, an application for a residence permit can be made again. In this article, we will briefly talk about the conditions required for the transition to family residence permit for foreigners who are married.

Foreign nationals who are officially married to a Turkish citizen have the right to apply for a family residence permit. In order to be able to apply for a family residence permit, your Turkish spouse must work in an insured manner and document that he or she has a monthly income equivalent to at least the valid minimum wage. Foreigners who meet these conditions can legally live in Turkey as long as their family status continues with a family residence permit. We would like to remind you that the presence of foreigners, who live in family unity in Turkey and intend to live for many years in the country with a family residence permit, will also constitute a positive reference for their possible citizenship applications in the future.

If you have questions about obtaining a family residence permit after marriage in Turkey, you can send them to us in the comments section.


Expat Guide Turkey is a news website that shares important events in Turkey and news concerning foreigners in Turkey. It also contains a guide to undiscovered places, city and district about Turkey.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Articles

Back to top button

Ad Blocker Detected

Please close adblocker from your browser to read our articles.