Belen pan, one of the most delicious recipes of Hatay cuisine, is spread all over the country. This flavor, named after the Belen district of Hatay, is an easy to make and very satisfying recipe. Although it is easy to make this flavor adventure cooked in the oven, the tricks are very important. From the meat chosen to the pot used, many things affect the flavor of Belen Ceiling. That’s why it’s important to choose the best meat and cast iron skillet.
Materials of Belen Pan;
- 500 grams of red meat
- 15 shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 spoonful butter
- Half a teaspoon of oil
- Tomato paste (1 tablespoon)
- Black pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Paprika (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
Preparation of Belen Pan;
- Let’s cut the meat in the shape of a bird’s head.
- We place the meat under the baking tray on which we will cook it.
- Chop the onions and peppers and add them to the meat respectively, cut the tomatoes into cubes and add them to the meat.
- We add olive oil, tomato paste and spices and mix it with our hands like a little kneading.
- Finally, add the solid butter.
- We can add a little lard if we want to use it.
- Cover with foil in the oven at 200 degrees and bake until the meat is cooked. The cooking time of each meat may differ, please cook it under control. Enjoy your meal!
When making Belen pan, easily cooked meats are preferred. If you want to prefer veal while making Belen pan, you need to chop the meat a little smaller. Usually lamb and mutton are preferred. Using cast iron or stew while making Belen pan will make your meal very delicious. If you don’t have both, you can also use a baking tray.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : From the Royal Family: Sihil Mahsi (The King of Stuffed) – Discover Turkish Food