Ottoman Heritage; Keskul – Discover Turkish Dessert
Keskul, which was an excuse for lovers to meet in patisseries in the past, takes place in many Turkish films. The actual history of keskul, which also finds its place in poetry, goes back much further than this… Today I will share a recipe for keskul, whose past is just as good as its taste.
Materials of Keskul;
- 1 liter milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground almonds
- Half cup of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of rice flour
Preparation of Keskul;
- Take rice flour, granulated almonds and granulated sugar in a deep saucepan.
- Add the milk and mix with a whisk to combine all the ingredients smoothly.
- Stir constantly over medium heat and cook for about 15-20 minutes until the consistency thickens slightly.
- Take it off the heat when it reaches a creamy consistency. Be careful not to be overly dense.
- When the Keskul is cooked, divide it into their bowls. Serve cold.
A portion of keskul prepared with standard ingredients is approximately 160 calories. In other words, even though it has a high sugar value, it can be included in diet lists with its rich nutritional values. Bon Appetit!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
If you like delicious dessert recipes of Turkish cuisine, this recipe may interest you; Mysterious Taste; Artichoke Dessert – Discover Turkish Dessert