Food & Beverage
Ornament of Bakeries; Sekerpare – Discover Turkish Desserts
You can easily prepare sekerpare, which is one of the indispensables of feasts, especially at Ramadan tables, to serve with tea. Let’s also say that it is very easy to make thanks to this perfect and delicious recipe, which you can catch the same taste every time.
Materials of Sekerpare;
- 125 grams of margarine at room temperature
- Half a glass of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of semolina
- 1 egg
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 packet of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of hazelnuts
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 glasses of water
- 4-5 drops of lemon juice
Preparation of Sekerpare;
- Mix the butter and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Add the egg and mix again.
- Add the semolina, baking powder, vanilla and flour little by little and knead.
- Take a little bit larger than a walnut from the dough and roll them out.
- Place a hazelnut on each.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- For sherbet, put water and sugar in a deep pot and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Leave the syrup to cool.
- Take the baked sekerpare out of the oven, wait for 2 minutes, and pour the warm syrup over it with the help of a ladle.
While preparing Sekerpare, you can add different ingredients such as lemon peel, orange peel and vanillin. Bon Appetit!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
If you like delicious dessert recipes of Turkish cuisine, this recipe may interest you; Sweet of Unity And Togetherness; Asure(Ashura) – Discover Turkish Desserts