Pilaf is one of the indispensable dishes of Turkish cuisine. It also has many varieties. So much so that it is possible to find different and delicious rice recipes in every region of the country. One of them is Hasu, which is unique to Mardin. This Mardin rice, with its soft lamb meat and crispy almonds, is a recipe that everyone will love, not just Mardin residents.
Materials of Hasu;
- 1.5 cups of rice
- 3 cups of hot water
- 250 grams of boneless lamb (can also be beef or chicken if you prefer)
- Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- Butter (1 tablespoons)
- 1 handful of almonds
- Half a bunch of parsley
- Black pepper (1 tablespoons)
- Allspice (1 tablespoons)
Preparation of Hasu;
- Start by cooking the meat. Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Put the cubed meat in the pot. Saute until the meat releases its juices and absorbs it again.
- Add salt and enough water to cover the meat that has dried up.
- Cook until the meat is very tender. Separate the boiling water in which you cooked the meat.
- Put the olive oil in a separate pot.
- Soak your rice in water and drain.
- Fry the drained rice in olive oil. After roasting the rice, add the boiling water of the meat and 3 glasses of hot water.
- Cook the rice until the water evaporates.
- Put the almonds in a large bowl. Let them sit for a while by pouring hot water on them and let the skins peel off.
- Roast the peeled almonds on low heat and a few drops of oil.
- Wash the parsley thoroughly. Finely chop the parsley you have washed. Add the meat you cooked and the chopped parsley on the roasted almonds.
- Mix it for a few turns and turn off the stove. Mix the meat with the rice you cooked.
- Cover the pot and let it sit for 10 minutes. Bon Appetit!
Although Hasu is a little troublesome, we can say that it will be the first option that comes to your mind when you want to prepare a great pilaf and serve it to your guests. You can also use this Hasu rice for stuffing turkey, chicken and ribs!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested: Taste Guarantee; Saksi Kebab – Discover Turkish Food