Food & Beverage
Taste Guarantee; Saksi Kebab – Discover Turkish Food
Saksi Kebab, which has an average of 250 calories per serving, has a great taste and is diet friendly. Let’s also say that Saksi Kebab is one of the most precious recipes of Turkish cuisine.
Materials of Saksi Kebab;
- 3 garden eggplants
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 capsicums (diced)
- 2 bell peppers (diced)
- 400 gr cubed meat (Sheep)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
For the sauce;
- 1 glass of water
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons grated fresh cheddar cheese
Preparation of Saksi Kebab;
- Peel the eggplants into strips and cut them in half. After washing it, put it in water with lemon and leave it until the bitterness is gone.
- After taking the eggplants out of the water, dry them thoroughly and fry them in hot oil.
- Fry the onions in a pan with oil until soft. Add the peppers and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the diced meat and cook until the meat is tender. Add salt and spices, cook for another 2-3 minutes and remove from the stove.
- Take the eggplants in a heatproof bowl and divide the cooked meat mixture into the eggplants.
- After pouring the tomato paste on the eggplants, bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top before taking it out of the oven. Serve hot without waiting in the oven until the cheddar cheese is melted and lightly browned. Bon Appetit.
If you preheat the oven, all parts of the Saksi Kebab will be cooked equally.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested: At Every Meal; Ezogelin Soup – Discover Turkish Food