We are here with a soup recipe that is unique to Turkish cuisine, smells Anatolian and thousands of years old. Whatever the main dish you choose, we are talking about ezogelin soup, which will definitely suit it. You can make your tables warm with this easy homemade ezogelin soup.
Ezogelin soup recipe; contains high abundance. It is nutritious, delicious and practical. In addition to all these, with its fierce rivalry with lentil soup, it has the distinction of being the indispensable soup of all kebab lovers. It fights relentlessly against diseases, and it does everything it can to make you well. She loves pita or flatbread.
Materials of Ezogelin Soup;
- 1 tablespoon of bulgur
- A little less than 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Less than 1 cup red lentils
- 1 tablespoon of rice
- 1 tablespoon of mint
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- Butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 onion
Preparation of Ezogelin Soup;
- Add oil and finely chopped onions to your pan. Then fry the onions well until they turn pink.
- Then add the salt, mint, paprika and garlic to the pot, respectively.
- After adding your rice, bulgur and red lentils, mix well for two minutes.
- Add 10 glasses of water to the pot.
- Continue mixing. If the consistency is thick, you can add a little more boiling water.
- After your soup starts to boil, cook it on low heat for about 30-35 minutes. Then you can pass it through the blender and add butter according to your preference. Bon Appetit!
The name of Ezogelin soup comes from ‘Ezo Gelin‘, who lived in the village of Gaziantep. So this soup has a story…
Let’s not forget to say that Ezogelin soup strengthens the immune system and the mind.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested: From Seasonal Greens to Magnificent Taste; Madimak – Discover Turkish Food