From Seasonal Greens to Magnificent Taste; Madimak – Discover Turkish Food
Before the recipe of this dish, we would like to give a different information. It is not possible to cook from the madimaks of every region. Yes, you heard right. You cannot make this dish from every kind of madimak plant, which has many varieties according to the climatic conditions of the region. After this interesting information, let’s share the recipe of an interesting and wonderful taste!
Materials of Madimak;
- Half a kilo of madimak
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- Half a cup of bulgur wheat
- chili pepper
Preparation of Madimak;
- Madimaks are cleaned, washed and finely chopped.
- Onion and garlic are finely chopped. It is fried in oil in the pan until it turns pink.
- Then add the tomato paste, salt, spices.
- Add the madımaks and fry for 10 minutes.
- Then add the bulgur.
- Cook by adding plenty of hot water.
- Serve with a drizzle of garlic yoghurt. Bon Appetit…
If you don’t want to use garlic yogurt on Madikmak, you can cut the garlic in the middle and add it while the food is cooking, and drizzle plain yogurt on it. In this way, garlic odor is eliminated for those who are bothered by the smell of garlic.
Those who wish can add a small amount of minced meat or finely cut pastrami after frying the onion.
Let us remind you that madımak is a seasonal plant. Since there is no milk in the winter, you can sort it out in season and store it in the freezer, you can only consume it whenever you want.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested: Legendary Local Flavor; Babuko – Discover Turkish Food