Food & Beverage
Legendary Local Flavor; Babuko – Discover Turkish Food
Although it tastes like ravioli in general, Babuko does not contain minced meat and its dough is harder. An interesting but enjoyable recipe, you must eat Babuko at least once before you die…
Materials of Babuko;
- 5 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 glasses of water
- 1 kilo of yogurt
- 1 packet of margarine
Preparation of Babuko;
- For the food recipe, the dough is first prepared and left to ferment.
- After the dough is fermented, give it a round shape and cook by placing it under the plate on the stove.
- Put the buttermilk made from yogurt or kasha in a separate bowl and melt the butter in a pan.
- Cut the crust, which is fried on a large bread made of wheat flour called Kömbe, in circles with a knife.
- Chop the inner bites you took out while carving the meatballs. Pour in kombucha.
- Pour the butter and melted butter on it and it’s ready to be served.
You might think it’s too oily, but Babuko is a must-have dish with lots of fat and garlic yogurt. So stop calculating calories for a day and enjoy Babuko.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested: Another Flavor From Hatay’s Riches: Kabak Borani – Discover Turkish Food