The construction of Selçuk University Medical Faculty Hospital was started by the term president in 1984 by laying the foundation. At the beginning, the company, which won the tender, carried out about 17 percent of the construction in a 10-year period (until 1994) , and when this company quit the work, the supply construction was given to a second company and this company realized the remaining 83 percent until 2009. Prof. Dr. Safa Kapıcıoğlu was appointed as the founding Dean with the decision of the Council of Higher Education. In January 2004, With the resignation of Prof. Dr. Safa Kapıcıoğlu, Prof. Dr. M. Kemal Gündüz was brought in, and his assistant was Assoc. Dr. A. Kağan Karabulut. Associate Professor A. Kağan Karabulut was later appointed as the founding chief physician. In May 2008, the Dean’s Office, Chief Physician and Chief Directorate units were moved from the current Health Services Vocational School where the units were temporarily inhabited, to the Administrative part of the Hospital Building, which is under construction, with the thought of following the works more easily.
In Selçuk University Medical Faculty Hospital, 6 operating theaters were put into service in August 2009 and patient admissions started on 2 patient floors. The official opening of Selçuk University Medical Faculty Hospital was held on December 17, 2010. The hospital, where 25 years of dream came true with the start of patient admission, has a capacity of 934 beds, including 130000 square meters indoor and 160000 square meters open area.