Like Leaves But Flesh : Edirne Pan – Discover Turkish Food
Edirne Pan; It is unique to Edirne region with its material, construction, mastery and service. Edirne pan is also known as “leaf liver” in the region. The most important feature that distinguishes Edirne liver from other roasted livers is that the materials used in liver production and service are obtained from the products of the Edirne Region plains, which have unique geographical features. But don’t let this upset you, you can also prepare Edirne Tava at home with your own hands.
Materials of Edirne Pan;
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper
- Half a teaspoon of cumin
- 6 spring onions
- 10 sprigs of parsley
- 3 fresh garlic
- Sunflower oil
Preparation of Edirne Pan;
- Cut the cleaned liver into
- Cut the cleaned liver into leaves.
- Then wash the liver in plenty of water and drain well.
- Add a pinch of salt to the well-drained livers and mix well.
- In the meantime, take the saucepan to a large stove and heat the oil well without burning it.
- While the oil is soaking, flour the livers well, shake off the excess flour and put them on a plate.
- After the oil is thoroughly heated, 1 small piece of liver is thrown into the hot oil. And it is quickly separated from each other with the serving fork and turned upside down.
- After 1 minute, immediately take the Edirne Pan to the serving plate.
The most important thing you need to pay attention to when making Edirne Pan is to chop the livers. The finer you cut the livers, the better Edirne Pan you will get. This is because the liver swells during cooking. Also, if you throw small pieces into the oil while frying, it will be easier to turn. Enjoy your meal!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : Tasty, Easy and Satisfying : Belen Pan – Discover Turkish Food