The dessert recipe that has left the country in awe of its taste: Nevzine! This dessert, where the sweet taste of tahini meets with syrup with molasses, must be tried in every kitchen. It is certain that it will become one of your favorite recipes after trying it once.
Materials of Nevzine;
- 125 grams of butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- 1 teacup of oil
- 1 teaspoon of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 2.5 cups sugar
- 2 glasses of water
- Half a glass of grape molasses
- few drops of lemon juice
Preparation of Nevzine;
- Put the water, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan on the stove and bring to a boil.
- After turning off the stove, add the molasses and let it cool.
- For the dough, put butter, milk, oil, tahini, vinegar, walnut kernels and baking powder in a mixing bowl and mix.
- Gradually add about 3 cups of flour to obtain a soft dough.
- Press and spread your dough on the greased baking dish with your hands and shape it vertically by drawing it with the help of a fork.
- Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the dessert whose first temperature comes out and spread the cooled syrup evenly on it.
- Take the dessert with syrup on the serving plate and garnish with optional tahini and serve.
- Bon Appetit…
Nevzine is not a dessert that can be made and eaten frequently, because it has high calories. But it is a dessert that can be shared with the crowd, especially during the holidays.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
If you like delicious dessert recipes of Turkish cuisine, this recipe may interest you; Worthy of the Name of Kahramanmaras; Ice Cream – Discover Turkish Dessert