Let’s start by saying that even though ice cream, which is the crown of summer months, makes us hostile to the diet from time to time, we can never give up on it, even ice cream does not have a season, so it is consumed in winter as well.
Today I will describe how you can make Kahramanmaras‘s famous ice cream, which spreads like chewing gum and spreads milk flavor, at home.
- 5 glasses of milk
- 1 and a half cups of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of pure salep
- Boil 5 cups of milk in a deep saucepan.
- Add granulated sugar to the boiling milk and mix.
- Melt the salep and warm water in a bowl.
- Slowly add the salep to the boiling sweetened milk and continue mixing.
- It is very important that the salep is completely dissolved in the milk. So mix it until you’re sure it’s melted.
- Remove the boiling milk from the heat and cool by mixing.
- When it is at sufficient temperature, transfer it to a large bowl and place it in the freezer.
- After 15 minutes, take the container out of the freezer and stir with an iron spoon. Then put it back in the freezer.
- Repeat this process every 20 minutes until the dessert has the consistency of chewing gum.
- When the consistency of the ice cream solidifies, you can serve.
It goes without saying that Maras ice cream is very good, but let’s say that Maras ice cream is also very funny. Hundreds of domestic and foreign tourists have been victims of these pranksters to date. In case you want ice cream, we recommend you to be cautious about Maras ice cream shop… 🙂
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
If you like delicious dessert recipes of Turkish cuisine, this recipe may interest you; The Kitchen is Celebrating; Umac Halva – Discover Turkish Dessert