From The Depths Of The Sea; Anchovy Pilaf – Discover Turkish Food
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will share with you an anchovy pilaf recipe. You may have heard of anchovy pilaf for the first time, but it is a very common dish in the Black Sea region. Since fish products are fresh and local in the Black Sea region, it is possible to see them in many dishes. In fact, sometimes you can see seafood and anchovies in things you wouldn’t even think of. Although pilaf with anchovy may seem like a difficult dish, it will not tire you because it is extremely tasty and satisfying.
Materials of Anchovy Pilaf;
- 1 kilo of anchovies
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 onions
- 1 coffee cup of olive oil
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- Half a bunch of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- Pine nuts
- Black pepper
Preparation of Anchovy Pilaf;
- After thoroughly cleaning and washing the anchovy, mix them with cornmeal in a colander. Leave it like this for 15 minutes.
- After soaking the rice in hot water with a teaspoon of salt and lemon juice for half an hour, drain it.
- Clean and finely chop the onions. Heat the olive oil in a rice cooker and fry the onion.
- Then add the pine nuts and fry for a few more minutes. Add the rice and hot water.
- Bring to a boil, remove over low heat and cook until rice absorbs water.
- Remove from the stove and add salt, sugar, chopped spring onions and spices and mix well. Cover the pot tightly and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Grease heatproof round and deep bowls. Cover with anchovy cut in half.
- Spread the rice on it. Sort the remaining fillets in the same way. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. When serving, turn it upside down on a serving plate. Serve hot or warmof anchovy pilaf.
We are sure that you will make this recipe, which is very enjoyable to eat, often. We will be with you to share many more anchovy recipes such as anchovy pilaf, which is a great idea to introduce children to seafood. Enjoy your meal!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : The Famous Taste Of The Street; Tantuni– Discover Turkish Food