Stuffed okra has spread to our country from the Adana region. Of course, its origin is based on Ottoman cuisine. If you like vegetable dishes, you should definitely try this different recipe that you can consume with pleasure. In addition, stuffed okra can be consumed as supplementary food for children older than 9 months. As Expat Guide Turkey, we have prepared this delicious recipe for you to impress your guests of all ages.
Materials of Stuffed Okra;
- 250 g large okra
- 150 g rice
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lemon
Preparation of Stuffed Okra;
- Wash the rice.
- Take oil in the pan and fry the chopped onion and garlic.
- Add the rice and continue frying.
- Add spices and water and let it cook.
- Then cut off the heads of the okra and hollow out.
- Fill the okra with the mortar.
- Put sliced lemon at the bottom of the pot and place the stuffed stuff you prepared on it.
- Add water and let it boil. Enjoy your meal.
When stuffed okra, be careful to choose the largest okra as possible. This will make emptying and filling easier. In addition, if you place the okra in the pot horizontally after filling, you can prevent the inner mortar from spilling. You can serve it hot or warm. Enjoy your meal!
Preparing Lalanga is that easy! This recipe, which you can display at breakfast tables if you wish, is as satisfying as it is practical. Moreover, you can prepare this recipe as sweet or salty. We recommend serving it hot. Enjoy your meal!
You may interested : Tea Time: Lalanga – Discover Turkish Food