Food & Beverage
For Those Who Want Difference; Babata Cake – Discover Turkish Dessert
We have a delicious recipe for those who are bored with classic cake recipes. It’s not too late to discover Babata Cake. This cake, which belongs to Eskisehir, will make you and your guests very happy!
Materials of Babata Cake;
- 3 eggs
- 1 water glass measure of oil
- 1 cup of tahini
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1.5 cups cornmeal
- 1 packet of baking powder
Preparation of Babata Cake;
- Beat eggs and sugar until foamy.
- Add oil and tahini and beat again.
- Lastly, add the flours and baking powder, be careful not to clump together.
- Grease the bottom of the rectangular pyrex and pour the dough into it.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on the dough
- Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for about 30 minutes
- Controlled baking is beneficial according to your oven. After the first 20 minutes, you can check whether the inside of the cake is cooked by inserting a toothpick or fork.
Babata Cake is not very similar to other cakes. It looks like a donut but tastes great. Get away from everything that prevents you from making a babata cake and pouring tahini on it and go to the right kitchen!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
If you like delicious dessert recipes of Turkish cuisine, this recipe may interest you; Must Try; Cezerye with Carrot – Discover Turkish Dessert