Zade kebab comes from Çanakkale cuisine for those who love vegetable dishes. If you are good with vegetable dishes and varieties, you will love this recipe. Moreover, this recipe, which is colored with meat, has a different and delicious taste as it is not cooked in a pot. Zade kebab is a great recipe that will save you from guest invitations.
Materials of Zade Kebab;
- 300 grams of ground beef
- 4 long eggplants
- 1 onion
- 2 potatoes
- 2 peppers
- 1 large tomato
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- Black pepper
- Cheddar cheese
Preparation of Zade Kebab;
- First, heat the pan to high and put the meat in it. Stir until the meat juices are released.
- When the broth releases, add 1 glass of water and cook until tender.
- After the broth is absorbed, add oil and fry.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic and peppers to it, respectively.
- Then add the tomato paste and continue to fry, add the grated tomatoes and cook until the water is gone.
- Meanwhile, dice the potatoes and fry them in a separate pan.
- Cut the eggplants into long thin slices and fry on both sides.
- Turn off the stove when the meat mortar absorbs its water. Add salt and pepper to the meat.
- Add the fried potatoes to the meat and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the eggplants diagonally in small casserole dishes. There should be two slices of eggplant in a casserole.
- Hang the ends of the eggplants outward. Sprinkle some salt over the eggplant slices.
- Put the meat paste in the casseroles. Close the eggplants. Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake the cheddar cheese in a preheated 180 degree oven until golden brown.
While preparing the Zade kebab, soak the eggplants in vinegar water to get rid of the bitterness of the eggplant. Then put the fried eggplants on a paper towel and drain the excess oil. You can also make zade kebab in a large tray instead of using small bowls. Enjoy your meal!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : From The Depths Of The Sea; Anchovy Pilaf – Discover Turkish Food