According to the statement made by Tesla CEO Elon Musk, the Tesla Semi will be able to offer a range of 805 km with full load.
Many people are wondering if the upcoming Tesla Semi model will have a range of 805 km, especially with full load. Tesla CEO Elon Musk made a statement about the range of the Semi model.
Elon Musk: “Tesla Semi offers a range of 805 km at full load”
Tesla announced in the past weeks that they will start delivery on December 1 for the Semi model. Answering the questions of Twitter users, Musk said, “To be frank, it is possible to say that the Tesla Semi keeps its 805 km range promise with full load on the flat road.” made statements.
Musk, who has not yet given information about the energy consumption of the Tesla Semi, said, “Tesla team completed a range of 804km with a Tesla Semi weighing 37.1 tons!” said. According to the data previously shared by Tesla, the energy consumption of the Semi will be 1.24 kWh / km lower.
The company currently continues production of the Tesla Semi in Reno, Nevada. According to the statement made by the authorities, its production will be rapidly increased to 50,000 units per year in 2024.
Tesla announced that it will experience 50 percent growth in vehicle sales over the next few years. “We know that the rate of growth depends on our equipment capacity, factory uptime, operational efficiency, and the capacity and stability of the supply chain. Therefore, we will maximize our fourth-quarter sales performance.” his said.
Stating that they encountered problems in matters such as logistics and parts supply, Tesla underlined that they increased production despite this. Making a statement about the Semi model, which has been on the agenda for a long time, Tesla reiterated that the first deliveries will be made in December 2022.
Tesla Semi technical specifications:
- Gross weight of 37.1 tons loaded
- 300 miles (483 km) and 500 miles (804 km) range options
- Energy Consumption: Less than 2 kWh/mile (1.24 kWh/km)
- Estimated battery capacity (based on range and energy consumption): 600 kWh or 1,000 kWh (1 MWh)
- Acceleration 0-60 mph (100 km/h): 20 seconds (fully loaded)
- Driveline: 3 independent motors on rear axles
- Quick Charge: Up to 70 percent of range in 30 minutes
- Fuel Economy (estimated): Up to $200,000 over 3 years