Figs, originating from Asian and Mediterranean countries, are generally used in making desserts and jams. This fruit, which is mostly grown in the Aegean Region in Turkey, is very rich in vitamins. It is consumed fresh or dried. In addition to renewing cells, it also develops muscle tissues. Fig sleep prepared with figs and milk is identified with Yozgat.
Materials of Fig Sleep;
- 2.5 cups of milk
- 8 dried figs
Preparation of Fig Sleep;
- To soften dried figs, first soak them in hot water.
- After 1 hour, cut into cubes.
- Then take the milk in a saucepan and heat it.
- Turn off the stove when the yogurt is slightly warmer than the fermentation temperature.
- Take the hot milk with a ladle, put it on the figs and mash well with the help of a wooden spoon.
- Stir the fig milk mixture once. Then divide into bowls.
Do not serve the dessert you have prepared without resting. In order for Fig Sleep to hold its consistency, it must be kept for at least 2 hours. After resting for 2 hours, you can eat with pleasure.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
If you like delicious dessert recipes of Turkish cuisine, this recipe may interest you; Fabulous Taste; Hanimgobegi – Discover Turkish Dessert