As a matter of fact, there is no meat in the original meal of tirit. Obviously, since the Konya region loves meat dishes, they discovered a wonderful flavor by combining this dish with meat. Konya Tiridi may remind you of İskender at first glance, but it is really surprising that such a different flavor can be obtained with similar ingredients.
Materials of Konya Tiridi;
- 500 grams of lamb
- 500 grams of yogurt
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 toasted bread
- 2 spoonful butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- Black pepper
Preparation of Konya Tiridi;
- Put the diced meat in a pot and fry it until the meat is tender.
- After the broth is absorbed, add enough hot water and cumin to cover it by two fingers.
- Cook the meat thoroughly in the pan.
- Slice stale bread, harden slightly in the oven and cut into 2 cm squares and place on a serving plate.
- Add the butter, salt and pepper to the pot 10 minutes before removing the boiled meat from the fire.
- After 10 minutes, remove the pot from the heat. Pour over the bread with the broth.
- Rub the chopped onions with salt and remove the bitterness.
- Prepare the garlic yogurt in a separate bowl.
- Spread the prepared garlic yogurt on the meat. Then put the onions on it.
- Chop the parsley leaves and sprinkle over the onions and serve.
If you want to make a difference, you can make a new Konya Tiridi by using the meatballs you prepared instead of meat. The sauces are entirely up to your taste. Bon Appetit!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested: Fast But As Tasty as Wrap Leaf: Tevenk Wrap – Discover Turkish Food