Today we will meet with the wonderful taste of Adıyaman region. Tevenk Wrap is very similar to wrapping leaves, but if you don’t have much manual dexterity, this dish will make you more happy. Because while wrapping leaves are as thick as a little finger and prepared with long efforts in Turkey, Tevenk Wrap is made in much smaller sizes and does not require much effort.
Materials of Tevenk Wrap;
For the interior mortar:
- 300 grams of fresh vine leaves
- 1.5 cups fine bulgur
- 1 cup of semolina
- 3 onions
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For the above:
- 1 bowl of yogurt
- 4 onions
- 1 teacup of oil
Preparation of Tevenk Wrap;
- Start by soaking the bulgur and semolina in the preparation of Tevenk wrap. Add paprika, black pepper and salt to the soaked bulgur and knead the bulgur mixture thoroughly until it gets a chewy consistency.
- After washing the vine leaves well in water, put a very small amount of the inner material and wrap it as you want. Make sure the wraps are small.
- Carefully place the wrapped Tevenk wraps in the pot. When each layer comes out, spread the chopped onions well on the intermediate layers.
- Add hot water on the wraps and cook the wraps slowly over low heat.
- After resting your cooked wraps for a while, turn them upside down and serve.
- Add yoghurt and caramelized onions on top of it, and add the onions in oil by sweating them over a low heat and caramelize them. Bon Appetit!
If you think the leaves are salty, you can protect your Tevenk Sarma from excess salt by soaking it in warm water the night before!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested: Dough Lovers Come Here; Kayseri Yaglama – Discover Turkish Food