We have prepared the recipe for Kayseri Yaglama, which is one of the ravioli from Kayseri that has made its name known to the whole world.
Materials of Kayseri Yaglama;
- 1 glass of warm water
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 1 packet of dry yeast
- Salt (1 tablespoon)
- Granulated sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Oil (2 tablespoon)
- 5 cups of flour
For Internal Mortar:
- 500 g minced meat
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 large green peppers
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Tomato paste (1 tablespoon)
- Chili paste (1 tablespoon)
- Butter (1 tablespoon)
- 1 teacup of oil
- Red pepper (1 tablespoon)
- Cumin (1 tablespoon)
- Black pepper (1 tablespoon)
Preparation of Kayseri Yaglama;
- Leave the warm milk, sugar and yeast to ferment.
- Take the sifted flour in a large bowl. Add oil, water, salt and activated yeast.
- Knead the dough well and divide it into 11 equal meringues and roll the meringues.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and leave for half an hour.
- Take the butter and oil in a large pan.
- Add finely chopped onions and peppers and fry. Add the crushed and finely chopped garlic.
- After the onions turn pink, add the minced meat and fry well.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes.
- Add the garlic and mix well.
- Add water, salt and spices. Close the lid and wait for it to absorb the water.
- Roll out the dough the size of a dinner plate and bake in the pan.
- Spread melted butter between the cooked lavash and leave it to soften.
- Put a dough sheet and pour mortar on it, then cover it with a sheet of dough. Repeat this process.
- Divide the 11-ply dough into four and pour the yogurt in the middle. Bon Appetit!
In some regions, yoghurt is not poured over the Kayseri Yaglama. The phyllo with minced meat is rolled and dipped in yoghurt and consumed. You may not like to eat by hand, but be sure, it is much more fun to consume this way…
As for the calorie calculation, I can say that a plate of Kayseri Yaglama is 450 calories on average…
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested: Vegans Will Love It Too; Calkama – Discover Turkish Food