A Practical and Light Recipe; Lentil Patties – Discover Turkish Food
An extremely practical recipe that never goes out of fashion and can be prepared for every table; Lentil Patties. Lentil Patties is a delicious and easy recipe made with red lentils, the apple of the eye of Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa regions. Whether you serve it at tea time or add color to your table at dinner. As Expat Guide Turkey, we have prepared a full-fledged recipe for those who have trouble keeping the consistency. We stopped the scattering of Lentil Patties!
Materials of Lentil Patties;
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 1.5 cups fine bulgur
- 1 head of onion
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste (you can also use a mixture of pepper and tomato paste)
- 3 glasses of water (add if needed)
- chili pepper
- Black pepper
Preparation of Lentil Patties;
- To make lentil patties wash the lentils, put them in a suitable pot and add 3 glasses of water. Boil until very soft.
- When the water is drained, throw the bulgur into it and leave it for half an hour with the lid of the pot closed.
- In a separate pan, fry the finely chopped onion in oil until lightly browned, add the tomato paste and fry for another 1-2 minutes and remove from the stove.
- Add the lentils, which have been rested for half an hour, to the roasted onions with tomato paste and knead well when it reaches a temperature that will not burn the hand.
- Add salt and spices to the ball mortar, which is thoroughly mixed and kneaded again.
- Finally, finely chopped parsley and finely chopped green onions are added. Mix the ingredients well.
- After the ball mix has cooled down a bit, knead all the ingredients by hand and break off egg-sized pieces. Shape it by squeezing it in your palm.
- Arrange the balls on lettuce leaves. It can be served cold or hot. Enjoy your meal!
To decorate the Lentil Patties, you can pour pomegranate syrup on it. It is usually served cold in Turkey. You can consume these delicious balls with your hands by wrapping them in lettuce leaves.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : Winter Has Come, Warm Soup; Mahluta Soup – Discover Turkish Food