Permanent Work Permit
Unless otherwise stated in the bilateral or multilateral agreements to which Turkey is a party, an indefinite work permit can be granted to foreigners who have been residing in Turkey for at least 8 years uninterruptedly and legally and have worked legally for at least 6 years.
Regardless of the situation in the domestic market and the developments in working life, foreigners can be granted an indefinite work permit without any business, occupation or geographical area.
The duration of education is not taken into account when evaluating the requirement for the foreigner to legally and uninterruptedly reside in Turkey for at least 8 years. On the other hand, the education period of the spouse and children of the foreigner who come to Turkey and reside in the country is considered as the residence period.
In order to prove that the foreigner has legally worked in Turkey for at least 6 years, he or she must submit documents from the relevant institutions. This document is submitted to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security when applying for an indefinite work permit.
A foreigner who has obtained an indefinite work permit must notify the Ministry of Labor and Social Security within a maximum of 15 days in case his workplace or workplace address changes.
You may interested : 7 Things to Know Who Will Apply For Work Permit in Turkey
What is Turquoise Card?
In 2017, the “Turquoise Card” application, which gives indefinite work and residence permits to foreigners, came into effect. Conditions such as education level, salary, professional knowledge, work experience, contribution to science and technology are sought for people who will have a turquoise card.
Turquoise Card, which gives the right to work and reside in Turkey indefinitely, and provides residence rights to the relatives of the person, can be given to the following people:
- Foreigners who are considered as a highly qualified workforce in terms of their qualifications such as education level, salary, professional knowledge, work experience, and contribution to science and technology
- High quality foreign investors in terms of investment and export level, size of employment, contribution to scientific and technological developments and similar features.
- Foreign scientists and researchers who can contribute to the interests of the country internationally in the fields of science, industry and technology
- Foreigners who contribute to the international definition of Turkey and Turkish culture in terms of culture, arts and sports, and who are active at the international level for the interests of Turkey
How to Apply for Turquoise Card?
Turquoise Card application is made directly in the country through the system, abroad through the Turkish foreign representative in the country of which the foreigner is a citizen or legally resides. Documents related to the application made from abroad are forwarded to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security in electronic environment by the Turkish foreign representation.
A foreigner legally residing in Turkey can also apply directly on the internet with a foreigner’s identity number.
In addition to these, Turquoise Card application can also be made by the authorized intermediary institution on behalf of the foreigner in the country or abroad.
Which Documents Are Required for Turquoise Card Application?
- Application letter
- A copy of the foreigner’s passport or passport substitute document
- Certificate of conformity obtained from the relevant public institution and organization, if any
- Diploma, resume, documents showing professional experience of the foreigner who is considered as a qualified workforce, official documents showing other languages other than mother tongue
- Documents showing the size, nature, region and sectors of the investment to be made by the foreigner who is considered as a qualified investor
- Diploma, academic career and title of the foreigner who is evaluated as a scientist and researcher, his license and patent information and academic studies
- Documents showing that foreigners engaged in cultural, artistic and sports activities are successful
- Documents regarding the activities carried out at the international level by foreigners who can contribute to the promotion of Turkey should be uploaded to the system during the application.
Other Matters to Know About Indefinite Work Permit
The situations that require the cancellation of an indefinite work permit are the same as the situations that require the cancellation of an indefinite residence permit. Foreigner staying in Turkey; If he/she is outside Turkey for more than one year without interruption except for health, education and compulsory public service in his/her country, his/her work permit is cancelled.
In case the foreigner poses a serious threat to public order and security, re-application for the canceled residence permit cannot be made.