When it comes to a delicious dessert that can be consumed both in summer and in winter, the first thing that comes to mind is, of course, rice pudding. In order to fully enjoy this dessert, which can be served both hot and cold, it must be made with a recipe in full measure. That’s why we have prepared a wonderful recipe for you. It should not be forgotten that rice pudding is both a nutritious and practical dessert.
Materials of Sutlac;
- 1 liter milk
- 2 cups washed rice
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla
- 4 glasses of water
Preparation of Sutlac;
- Wash the rice well and put it in the pot.
- Add 4 glasses of water to it and let it boil.
- When it boils, reduce the heat and continue cooking a little more. Remember to stir occasionally while cooking.
- When the rice is softened and the water is drained, add the milk and cook on high heat, stirring occasionally, until it boils.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the heat and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Then add the sugar, continue mixing and cook for another 5 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Add vanilla to the cooked Sutlac and mix a little more.
- Divide the ready dessert into bowls and consume it either cold or hot. Bon Appetit!
Preparing Sutlac is that simple. But we missed the most important point. Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top before serving. One of the essentials of this traditional dessert is cinnamon powder. A Sutlac without cinnamon is unthinkable. I hope we didn’t upset those who don’t like cinnamon. Do you think it would be better with or without cinnamon?
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
If you like delicious dessert recipes of Turkish cuisine, this recipe may interest you; Those Who Don’t Try Will Regret; Pepecura – Discover Turkish Desserts