Today we have prepared a delicious local recipe from the Bayburt region for you. We will make a delicious taste called Galacos with the combination of lentils, minced meat and yogurt. This protein-packed dish is easy to make and delicious. Also, Galacos is a very cheap dish.
Materials of Galacos;
- 300 grams of green lentils
- 300 grams ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Tomato paste (1 tablespoon)
- Chili paste (1 tablespoon)
- 5 tablespoons of oil
- 5 spoons of butter
- Black pepper
- A glass of yoghurt
- 4 pitas
Preparation of Galacos;
- Put the oil in a pan and fry the onion and minced meat.
- Add tomato paste and fry until fragrant.
- Add lentils, garlic, salt, pepper and water at the level of the ingredients and cook.
- Bake the pitas with 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Whisk the strained yogurt to soften it. If you want, you can add water to get a more fluid consistency.
- Put the lentils on the bread and pour the yogurt.
- Heat the remaining butter and pour it over the dish. You can add the desired seasonings to the oil. Enjoy your Galacos!
If you have noticed, many dishes with meat sauce in Turkish cuisine are drizzled with butter. Galacos is one of these dishes. But if you’re obsessed with calories, you can’t use butter. If you ask us, don’t decide without trying the buttered version of Galacos!
Let’s not forget to remind. It is also possible to make this local recipe with ingredients available at home. You can use stale bread instead of pita if you wish. It is possible to get the perfect base for Galacos by frying the stale bread that you cut into cubes in the oven or in the pan!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested: Demands Skill; Yuvalama Soup – Discover Turkish Food