Kidney beans, which are frequently consumed in Italian, Turkish and Greek cuisines, support bone development. Kidney beans, which regulate the heart rhythm, are also called roma beans. Kidney beans with olive oil are among the most nutritious recipes as they are rich in iron and protein. Since the kidney beans with olive oil are consumed cold, you will not need to mess around the day your guests arrive, you can also prepare it the night before.
Materials of Kidney Beans With Olive Oil;
- 1 kilo of fresh kidney beans
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large potato
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- For service:
- 1/4 bunch of parsley
- Juice of 1 freshly squeezed lemon (optional)
Preparation of Kidney Beans With Olive Oil;
- Add enough water to cover 1 kilo of kidney beans, which you have separated from their shells and washed in plenty of water.
- Boil for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in a deep saucepan.
- Add 1 grated onion and 2 cloves of crushed garlic and sauté until lightly coloured.
- After adding 1 diced potato and 2 carrots, add 1 teaspoon of tomato paste to give color and continue frying.
- After adding the boiled kidney beans to the pot, add 2 grated tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of salt and granulated sugar and let it cook on low heat.
- Let the kidney beans you take from the stove rest in a covered pot until they come to room temperature.
- Finally, the kidney beans you transferred to the serving bowl; Serve hot or cold with finely chopped parsley. Bon appetit!
Kidney beans with olive oil are among the most nutritious recipes as they are rich in iron and protein. At the same time, kidney beans with olive oil are a storehouse of fiber and folic acid, so it is a medicine for those with high blood pressure, anemia and spinal diseases. As Expat Guide Turkey, we recommend that you consume kidney beans frequently and cold.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested : A Complete Vegetarian: Mücver Recipe