In Which Situations Foreigners Cannot Apply for International Protection in Turkey?
Applications for “asylum” in the international literature is known as “international protection” according to legal regulations in Turkey are accepted as a result of meeting certain procedures and conditions. In order to apply for international protection, it is legally possible to benefit from international protection in Turkey if you are afraid of being persecuted in the country of your citizenship or residence due to your race, religion, social class or political opinion, if you think that you will be subject to the death penalty, or if you think you will be subjected to torture or inhumane treatment. Foreigners under administrative detention can also apply for international protection. In addition, there are some situations where an application for international protection cannot be made. We can list these situations as follows;
- You do not face any threat of pressure and inhumane treatment if you are sent back to the country of your citizenship or former residence,
- You have left the country of your citizenship or former residence for the purpose of working or studying,
- You left the country of your citizenship or former residence for fear of being convicted for a crime you committed.
- If you have committed a crime against humanity,
- If you have committed a war crime,
You cannot apply for international protection in Turkey.
If you have questions about when foreigners cannot apply for international protection in Turkey, you can send them to us in the comments section easily.