How to Turn TikTok on Mute?
If you don’t want videos to open with sound when you enter the app on TikTok, you can change this feature. Here’s how to open TikTok without sound!
The loud sound from the videos that start as soon as you open TikTok may be causing you some difficulties in daily life. At this point, you can solve this problem by taking advantage of a feature of TikTok.
The ‘silent opening’ feature in TikTok’s settings is used for this. Thus, when you suddenly log in to the streaming screen, the videos listed are played silently in the first place.
You can click on the videos you have opened in silent mode and turn the sound on whenever you want. So, how to take advantage of this feature of TikTok? Here are the steps you need to follow to turn TikTok on silent!
How to Unmute TikTok?
- After logging in to the application, switch to the profile tab.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the form of three lines at the top right.
- Scroll to the ‘Settings and Privacy’ tab in this section.
- Press the Playback – ‘Replay’ button.
- In this section, you will see the option ‘Open TikTok in silent mode’. According to the description under this option, when TikTok is opened, it will be stated that the videos will open silently as a default setting, and to turn on the video sound, it will be enough to click on the video and use the volume up/down keys on your device.
- Activate the ‘Open TikTok in silent mode’ option from the button on the side.
- After this stage, when you enter the application, you will see that the videos are automatically played in silent mode.
What are the Advantages of TikTok’s Silent On Feature?
Users may want to browse videos on TikTok to have fun in their free time in a crowded environment, on public transportation and in situations where they need to be quiet. Sometimes in this application, which we sometimes enter just out of habit, the loud sounds from the videos that suddenly start can disturb both us and those around us.
When you activate the mute feature, even if you log in to the application and watch videos, this does not harm anyone. This feature is especially useful if you are not watching a video that needs to be listened to aloud, if you are going to watch content with subtitles or only visually progressing content.
When silent mode is on, not only the first video you see in the app is muted. Videos continue to play silently as you progress through the stream.
In social media applications such as TikTok, ‘videos that start suddenly’ and ‘scrolling through the stream’ features are strategies specifically developed to keep the user active in the application.
You can take advantage of the ‘turning TikTok on silent’ feature, which improves the user experience without harming these strategies, when you need it, and you can turn this feature off again whenever you want.
How to Turn TikTok on Mute?