Greetings to Thrace! We share with you the recipe of hayrabolu dessert, which is a wonderful taste that the Rumelian immigrants brought to the Thrace cuisine. Although this special dessert, which is sauced with unsalted white cheese and tahini, resembles the Kemalpaşa dessert, the only difference is that more eggs are used in the Hayrabolu dessert.
Materials of Hayrabolu Dessert;
- 1 cup of semolina
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 450 g unsalted curd cheese
- 4 cups sugar
- 7 glasses of water
- few drops of lemon juice
Preparation of Hayrabolu Dessert;
- Put the egg and cheese in the robot and grind until it becomes a puree.
- Then put it in a bowl and add the semolina, flour, carbonate and knead.
- Take large pieces of walnuts and roll them.
- Arrange on a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees.
- When it comes out of the oven, pierce the sides of the bottom with a fork and let the dessert cool.
- Prepare the syrup, when the syrup starts to boil, squeeze a few drops of lemon and add the sweets into the pot. When the sweets swell, mix them slowly and transfer them to the serving plate.
- Pour the remaining syrup over it and let it cool.
- You can decorate the dessert with tahini and cream. Bon Appetit!
This beauty, whose first name was “kadi dessert“, was engraved on the palate as the “Hayrabolu Dessert” after the master of the dessert came to Hayrabolu and every person who ate this dessert said, “We ate a delicious dessert in Hayrabolu”.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
If you like delicious dessert recipes of Turkish cuisine, this recipe may interest you; For Those Who Want Difference; Babata Cake – Discover Turkish Dessert