Food & Beverage
For Kebab Lovers; Kazan Kebab – Discover Turkish Food
Kebab is one of the indispensable dishes of Turkish cuisine. There are many varieties of kebab and foreign tourists coming to Turkey must taste it. Here is the kazan kebab recipe, one of the most popular types of kebab, with you!
Materlials of Kazan Kebab
- 4 eggplants
- 4 tomatoes
For internal mortar;
- 500 grams of ground beef,
- 1 onion,
- 2 tomatoes,
- 2 green peppers,
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 1 tablespoon of paprika,
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil,
- Black pepper,
Preparation of Kazan Kebab
- Take the minced meat in a large bowl. Finely chop the onion, tomato and pepper and knead with the minced meat.
- Add tomato paste, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt and continue kneading. Lastly, add olive oil and knead a little more, then go to the eggplants.
- Divide the eggplants into 2 or 3 according to their size.
- Cut the tomatoes and remove the minced meat from the mortar and fill each part of the eggplants with this mortar and put them in the pot.
- Stuff the tomatoes in the same way and place them on the eggplants.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil on the pot and cook it on low heat for about 2 hours, without adding water, with the lid closed.
Kazan kebab will release its own juice and then draw it out. You don’t need to add water. Kazan Kebab is a great dish that you can serve with rice. Bon Appetit!
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested: A Hearty Taste; Bit Bit Soup – Discover Turkish Food