A Hearty Taste; Bit Bit Soup – Discover Turkish Food
Bit Bit Soup A delicious soup recipe unique to Eskisehir. I have no idea where the name came from, but I think it was given this name because it is demanding and challenging. Don’t be intimidated by this, making Bit Bit Soup is tiring but enjoyable.
Materials of Bit Bit Soup;
- 2 cups of raw bulgur
- 200 grams ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 3 glasses of water
- 2 teaspoons of flour
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper
- For Frying: Oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
Preparation of Bit Bit Soup;
- Mix the bulgur, minced meat, grated onion, salt and pepper thoroughly.
- Make small round meatballs from the minced meat mixture. Fry the meatballs in hot oil.
- On the other hand, take the water in a pot. Add the flour, mix, let it melt and let it boil.
- Add the fried meatballs and simmer for 10 minutes. Beat 1 cup of yogurt with egg.
- Then slowly add the yogurt mixture to the soup and mix. Boil a little more and remove the soup from the stove.
- For the topping, turn the tomato paste in butter and sprinkle with mint. Pour over the soup and serve hot.
Let’s share a little detail. You don’t have to fry the meatballs while making Bit Bit Soup, but it has a completely different flavor when fried. In addition, one of the tricks of this soup is that the lid of the soup is not closed. If you close the lid, tiny yogurt lumps may form in your soup.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
You may interested: From the Palace Kitchen; Chicken Topkapi – Discover Turkish Food