Residence Permit

Can Students of Open Education Faculty in Turkey get a Student Residence Permit?

As a rule, foreign students who will study at a higher education institution in Turkey and foreign students who will receive primary and secondary education without a family residence permit can obtain a residence permit. Student residence permit; If you are going to study at a higher education institution in Turkey with an associate degree, undergraduate or doctorate degree, it is arranged to cover your entire education program as of the start of your education. This student residence permit application is only given to those who will receive formal education in Turkey, but not for students who want to study at Open Education faculties. If a foreigner has a valid residence permit, he/she can receive education by enrolling in open education faculties in Turkey, but the student cannot obtain a residence permit. For a student residence permit, it is necessary to be enrolled in a formal undergraduate or graduate program.

Student residence permit applications are made through the e-residence system, as in other residence permit applications. You will be given an appointment after you apply for a student residence permit to the Immigration Administration for the first time. On the day of the appointment, you should go to your appointment at the Immigration Office with a passport or a document that replaces a passport, by preparing all the necessary documents for the student residence permit. In addition, those who will obtain a student residence permit must have a valid health insurance within 3 months.

What are the documents required for a student residence permit?

  1. A document stating that you will study at a higher education institution in Turkey,
  2. A document stating that your maintenance and expenses will be covered,
  3. The consent of the parent or legal representative for students who will receive primary and secondary education,

are among the required documents. In addition, you must include the document proving your address information in the country to your file.

If you have questions about the residence permits of foreigners who want to study at the open education faculty in Turkey, you can send them to us in the comments section.


Hi, I'm Ayberk. I am a writer for Expat Guide Turkey and I strive to create the best content for you. To contact me, you can send an e-mail to Happy reading!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Ad Blocker Detected

We earn income from advertisements in order to provide you with a better service. Please turn off your ad blocker and refresh the page to access the content.