Residence Permit

Can Foreigners who Applied for International Protection Stay in the Province They want?

If the foreigners who applied for international protection want change the province of residence permit, some conditions should be completed. If you want to change your city of residence, you need to apply to the Provincial Immigration Administration in your province. City of residence change requests can generally be accepted in the following two situations.

• If you have close family members residing in another province in Turkey in accordance with the law, you can apply for your residence permit with that person. Parents, siblings, spouses, children, grandparents are considered close family members.
• If you have a serious health problem and it is not possible to solve this problem in your city, you can apply for residence in another province for the treatment process. If your application is approved, it will be legal for you to reside in the city where you will receive treatment.

If your reason for referral is out of these two situations, you can clearly submit your reasons to the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management in your city of residence by petition. Your application will be decided by the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management.

If you have questions about changing the province of residence of applicants for international protection in Turkey, you can send them to us in the comments section.


Hi, I'm Ayberk. I am a writer for Expat Guide Turkey and I strive to create the best content for you. To contact me, you can send an e-mail to Happy reading!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Ad Blocker Detected

We earn income from advertisements in order to provide you with a better service. Please turn off your ad blocker and refresh the page to access the content.