A Delicious Dessert with 3 Ingredients; Haside – Discover Turkish Desserts
As you know, Turkish cuisine has a wide variety of flavors. Although some of them are very difficult and tiring recipes to make, we can say that some local recipes are extremely practical. Haside is one of these practical and wonderful desserts. Moreover, this recipe made with molasses has an extremely intense energy-giving feature. Haside is a recipe from the Yozgat region that you can prepare in 10 minutes when you want dessert.
Materials of Haside;
- 1 cup of molasses
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter
Preparation of Haside;
- Take a glass of water and molasses in a bowl and whisk well with a whisk.
- Then add the flour and continue mixing.
- Melt the butter in the pan. Pour the flour and molasses mixture over the butter. In the meantime, make sure that the stove is not at high heat so that the dessert does not scorch and burn.
- Cook, stirring vigorously, until it has a thicker consistency than pudding.
- Take the haside on a serving plate, pour hot butter on it and smooth it out with a spoon or knife. You can serve it either hot or cold. Enjoy your meal!
In the original Haside recipe, the dessert is served hot and before serving, a spoonful of butter is melted and poured over it. If you want to prefer a lighter dessert, you can apply our recipe. If you’re not afraid of calories, you can use as much butter as you want!
Before the presentation, Haside is usually decorated with walnuts, but depending on the season, you can also benefit from fruits such as pomegranate. You can decorate this practical dessert as you wish and prevent the sweet crisis.
As Expat Guide Turkey, we will publish fast, practical and delicious Turkish recipes to our visitors in the Food & Beverage category. Stay tuned.
If you like delicious dessert recipes of Turkish cuisine, this recipe may interest you; Legend of Sorbet Desserts; Kunefe – Discover Turkish Desserts